So, I recently started helping out with the youth group at our church. They are called Invasion. The first few weeks, I felt odd and out of place. I only knew about 2 students and wasn't sure how to even begin getting to know everyone. This past weekend was the fall retreat and I had the unbelievable, fortune of being a chaperone/leader.
It was truly an amazing experience. The girls in my rap group (and the girls' who weren't) all stole my heart. The girls hunger for God! They are some of the kindest people. One of the other leaders mentioned that she noticed that none of the students seemed to hang out with the same person repeatedly. It was truly, one big happy family.
Tonight, (Wednesday) was Wednesday Church for Invasion and several of the students gave testimonies. I was in tears as I listened to what God did in each students' life. This is what it is all about! When I walked in, I no longer felt odd and out of place. I now have a home here. I almost cannot contain myself when I think of about those girls. Oh, how I love them! Thank you, God, for placing me once again right where you want me!
That's wonderful! I know how much you've been wanting to feel connected to the youth group. You are great with teenagers. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! I love working with our youth group...always gives me such a fresh look at what God can do!
ReplyDeleteHey Carla, let me know when you guys are looking for a full time guy over there. I've enjoyed hanging out with your man and hopefully you'll let him get away again this Friday after lunch:) What Erik has told me it sounds like a great church. Happy that you are getting plugged in!
ReplyDeleteCarla you are amazing yourself! I love you and thank you for giving your heart to the students.
ReplyDelete