Forty-five years ago today, a man and a woman changed the course of a little girls life. Carl Sweatman married Meg Saul on June 25, 1966. What they didn't know at that time, was that a woman in Wisconsin would find herself pregnant in about 8 years. And when she would give birth, she would give that baby up for adoption. That sweet couple would take that little girl to be their daughter. It was a life changing decision, not just for the couple or for the mother, but for that little girl.
If it weren't for Carl and Meg Sweatman adopting me, I may never have known the love of God. I may have lived a much more difficult life. I would never have found Erik and had the four little loves of my life. I wouldn't be living in this little town in South Carolina amongst some of the nicest people around.
So on this day in 2011, I want to thank my parents for getting married 45 years ago. And, I'm even more thankful for the example you have set for Erik and myself (not to mention our children) as to how to stick it out even when things get tough. The dedication to one other is a legacy you have set for years to come. Thank you for making your home a place that is focused on the Lord. You have passed that along to me and I pray that I do the same for my kids.
I shutter at the thought of what my life could have been if you had made other decisions along the way. I love you both so much. You are a treasure to me.
Happy 45th Anniversary!
Love always,
Carla
This is a sweet story.
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious tribute, Carla! Love you!
ReplyDelete