We started with a visit to the World of Coke where we were able to meet the Polar Bear and sample coke from around the world. Some were yum and some were not!
After that, we walked across the courtyard and visited the Georgia Aquarium. It was amazing. I had never seen such big fish!! We saw a pregnant beluga whale, penguins, whale sharks, mana rays. We touched stingrays and shrimp.
Our trip ended with a visit to the birth place of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (see picture below), his church and a museum. It was great. I would've liked to have more time to spend there so it is definitely on my list of places to go back to.
I love this quote by MLK, Jr. What a man of God!
Thanks HEC 5th Grade Team! You guys did a wonderful job with this trip.
sounds like a GREAT trip! When did you go? and sad to say I have never seen the Martin Luther King Jr stuff....maybe this weekend!
ReplyDeleteWe went last Friday. You should definitely check it out. It was interesting and I would love to go check it out again and spend more time taking it all in.
ReplyDelete