So, it's Wednesday morning and my 4 girls are all off to VBS today. The house is quiet and the break has been so nice. This is a small glimpse into what my life will be in a few short weeks. This fall, Meghan will begin kindergarten and Hanna will be in preschool. If I'm truly being honest, the first day of silence was wonderful! The second day, I found myself doing more chores and enjoyed not being interrupted. Today, however, I am straightening up and it's nice, but in some ways, I am missing the noise and laughter my children bring to this home.
What am I going to do, when this is an everyday thing? It's almost too quiet. I can hear the clocks ticking and the refrigerator humming, but somehow it's just not enough noise. I really didn't think I would feel this way already.
The saying is true. Silence is golden. But only when you have too much noise. So, I am forced to say, yes, silence is golden, but if that's the case then laughter....it's platinum!
I know you will be volunteering at the schools so just think on the days when the quiet is too quiet, just go visit classrooms and then you will hear the laughter of 20+ children. :)
ReplyDelete