Whew! We have almost made it. Today is that last day of a full week of school for the girls. It has been quite challenging at times. Meghan is having to adjust to a new schedule and how to be able to function peacefully in the afternoons. Completely normal for one who has just started kindergarten. I watched my two oldest go through a similar adjustment. Alyson has for sure felt the loss of some freedom she had during the summer. There are just not enough hours after school for everything she wants to do after homework is done.
I'm looking forward to next week to see how much progress we have all made. In the meantime, my baby is soon to be turning 4!!!! What????? That's right, 4, on Tuesday! It is so hard to think of my baby as not a baby. I have had so much fun having a whole day with just her. She is funny and can play for long periods of time by herself. My favorite thing to do is pretend I'm doing something on the computer or read and just watch and listen to her play. It is so completely sweet! She'll be starting preschool soon, and then I won't have all these hours with her. You would think I'd be sad (and I am a little bit), but I am so excited for her to be able to do what her big sisters are doing and to begin learning in a new environment. So fun!
Well, I guess I'll write more about her on her birthday, so I'll quite now. Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment