I'll start with my funny story. About a week and half ago, we stopped in at Chick-fil-A. Meghan was having one of her OCD moments about not sitting down because the table wasn't clean. Now, if I remember correctly, the table only had crumbs on it that were easily wiped off. I told her she was OCD and go tell daddy, who was at the register ordering. She quickly ran over with a huge smile and declared to her dad that she was OCD. She came running back to me. I was not pleased with Erik's response, so I decided to try another word. I told her to go tell Daddy that she was neurotic. She eagerly approached Erik and declared to all that stood nearby, in a loud voice, "Daddy! I'm EROTIC!" As she ran back to me, I covered my face and then told Meghan to never say that again! We did, however, work on pronouncing neurotic just in case she decides to fore go my request.
Okay, now on to my thoughts about our recent 4 hour power outage. Just before 4:00 today, a huge thunderstorm blew right over our town. I couldn't even see the houses across the street through the rain. The thunder and lightening were all around and then, the power went out. No telling how long this would last! I love thunderstorms and I normally don't mind a power outage within reason. I began to ask myself why this was? Who actually doesn't want the power on? Well, I do and here's why! It makes it really easy to tell the kids no to t.v., video games, computer time, and music (although the music part I really do not mind)! They have absolutely no choice but to find something to do either with their sisters or on their own.
I was waiting for any of the 4 girls to start in on me with the whole, "I'm bored!" (imagine that with a very whiny voice). But, not this day! For the first hour, my 3 oldest read books! I napped on the couch. Then, they moved on to trying to jump rope. I watched! They couldn't make that work and instead of stomping off and getting mad, they moved on to games at the table. I washed the dishes. At about 6:00 and still no power, we decided to head over to WMHK's Family Night. It was one great evening! By the time we arrived home at 9:00, our power had been back on for about an hour. I was so glad I didn't have to endure the entire 4 hours at home or my blog would probably sound very different.
I am thankful for power, but every now and then, it's kind of nice to experience life without it!
No comments:
Post a Comment