Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Friday, July 30, 2010

A Lunch Time Conversation

There is nothing like talking about childbirth with your children over a nice lunch.  Alyson started off the whole conversation by asking if I "took that medicine so it wouldn't hurt to have a baby."  When I told her yes, she asked me what it tasted like.  Ha!  That was surprise number 1.  It gets better.  So, I proceeded to describe the way you get this medicine.  At the mention of the needle, the eyes got really big.  I stated, "It doesn't hurt near as much as labor does!"  Oops!  Didn't take into consideration that they didn't know what labor meant.  So, now I had to talk about that.

I told them that labor was when the thing (the uterus) that the baby was in basically squeezes or contracts to help get the baby out.  At the mention of this, Meghan looks completely disgusted and says, "Well, I'm not having any babies when I have kids."  And, here comes surprise number 2.  "They cut you in half!  At least, that's what someone at my school told me."  That was Meghan.  Truly wasn't expecting that comment.  Then surprise number 3 followed right after that by Kelli, "No, they just squeeze the baby out!"  I was almost in tears after this conversation!!!!  Oh, my!  I'm not sure if I did any good by having this conversation with them.

1 comment:

  1. Thankfully, the kids will probably not remember this converstaion when it comes time for them to give birth.

    ReplyDelete