
Fifeteen years ago today, I married my best friend. It's been a wonderful 15 years and I couldn't imagine life any other way. It's a pretty big milestone in my opinion. You might guess that we have some big huge way we'll celebrate this anniversary. The irony of it all, is that often times, this day takes a back seat to life. I'm not complaining. I have simply come to terms with that fact. It started with the birthday celebrations.
Do you remember when you were a kid and how excited you were for your birthday to get here. The party, the gifts, feeling like the most special person in the world (even though there were others celebrating that same day). For some reason, along the way it still a special day, but you realize that for the rest of the world, it's just another day. As I write this, I am beginning to see the reason. As a child, we are soooo self-centered. Everything revolves around us (or so we think). As we grow, we (hopefully) begin to see that is doesn't.
So, what are our plans for this big day? Erik gets the privilege of working today, while I have the privilege of taking care of the house (mainly laundry) and kids. Tonight, while Erik finishes with his last appointments of the day, I'll be joining my wonderful worship team for practice. We'll reunite tonight sometime after 8:00. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment