Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Smelling the Flowers...


This is one of my most favorite pictures. I have noticed that Hanna, who is a mere 3 1/2 years old, takes the time to actually stop and smell the flowers. I do not! I took some time to reflect on this. How can she know to do this? Why don't I do it?

Sadly, I have no grand ideas or answers to these questions. I am so glad though, that she can appreciate the beauty of these things, despite her mother's lack of teaching her. I should really take the time to learn a few things from her. What a tender girl. Take a look at her hand gently cupping the flower. She didn't destroy it, but rather, took great care in holding it! Precious! May we all stop and smell the "roses" and take the time to appreciate all of God's gorgeous creation. As I write this, I am spending my last night in Pipestem National Park in West Virginia. I took the time to look at all of my surroundings and appreciate it all! It's beautiful! If you ever get a chance, come check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment