Easter 2014

Easter 2014

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grandma cut my...ummm....wire thing

About a week ago, I was having a conversation with Meghan and the topic of her birth came up. I told her that her grandma cut her umbilical cord to which she responded, "Really! Wow! How do you know that?" So, I told her I was there, that's how. Then, I asked her if she knew what an umbilical cord was and she said, "No!" I just laughed and then briefly explained what it was. She wasn't as impressed as I thought she might be. End of conversation.

Fast forward about a week, and we're at home having lunch with another couple after church. Meghan randomly declares, "My grandma cut my, umm, wire thing!" Our friends weren't exactly sure what it meant and kindly reacted by saying, "Oh, really?" From the kitchen, laughter! I howled! I quickly explained that we had recently discussed how grandma cut her umblical cord and the light bulbs went on.

Lesson: You never know when a topic from weeks or even months ago might be revisited, so be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment