I don't know about you, but I think anyone who teaches is a rock star! I was thinking earlier today about that. You see, when we think of rock stars or actresses or actors, we sort of look at them with awe and put them on a pedestal.
That is how I feel about teachers. I am in awe of them. I definitely put them on a pedestal. And I feel like they completely deserve it! Over the last two weeks, I have spent more than half of my days either subbing or chaperoning. I have spent a lot of time talking with teachers and watching them. I have learned more from them than I would have ever thought. They helped me understand how children learn and how to teach to their certain style of learning. They have helped me see the importance of consistency with discipline and how to better discipline my own kids.
My children's teachers have become my friends. Not what I ever expected, but I am so very grateful for them. I hear parents say, "I don't know how she does this every day!" I have said this very statement many times. It's a tiring job! It's a rewarding job! It's one that I do not see myself doing but only on occasion as a substitute.
To all my teacher friends who read this, I have the deepest admiration and respect for you. You are superstars in my book. Thank you for the way you care for each child in your classroom regardless of how difficult they are. You make a difference every day! Love you all!!!
i agree carla! our teachers don't get paid NEAR enough what they should...especially for playing such a huge part in raising our children! thanks for sharing such a sweet post :)
ReplyDelete