So this week, I subbed for three days in a row. I was reminded of why I have so much respect for working moms. There are very different pressures for moms who work outside the home. I, being a stay at home mom most of the time, have not mastered those pressures. I do not know how to juggle housework with my job. I have not learned how to be with children all day, and then return home to deal with more of that stuff.
And on top of those obvious pressures, there are the ones that we don't often think about. Now, I realize that not all working moms are teachers, but being that this is the arena I am currently in, my thoughts center around moms who are teachers. How do you give so much all day long, only to come home and continue to give until your precious kids are snuggled in bed, and then most likely have planning and more school preparation for the rest of the night.
I have come home all three days, exhausted and just wanting to sit on the couch while the laundry pile (more like mountain) grows. I've been told that you build up endurance, but that still doesn't change anything in my eyes.
So for all those working outside of the home moms, I have the utmost respect for you. May God bless you in your careers and your families!
No comments:
Post a Comment